Department of Physiotherapy
Physiotherapy is a health service that involves rehabilitation and maximizing the functional potential of an individual with disease / dysfunction or injury. It also involves health promotion, lifestyle modification & fitness training. The physiotherapy department at National Heart Institute and research center provides high quality treatment and rehabilitation for a range of musculoskeletal, neurological, cardio-respiratory, pediatric, sport related injuries and other complex problems by qualified physiotherapists. All the therapists are skilled clinicians who are registered with the state OT/ PT council and IAP. The physiotherapy department has been completely renovated structurally and has added to its repertoire pulmonary and cardiac rehabilitation. The new upgraded department has state of the art equipment which includes Balance Master, Kinesis, TENS etc.
LOCATION:- The out –patient department is located in the basement of A-wing of the hospital.
CONTACT US:- For further enquires / appointments contact us at 011-46600700 & 46606600. You can also email at email@example.com
This program is catered for individuals with problems like neck pain, whiplash injury, headaches, frozen shoulder, shoulder impingement , shoulder surgeries including rotator cuff repair, Bankarts repair etc., Tennis and golfers elbow, Tendon injuries, carpal Tunnel syndrome, Dequervan’s syndrome, low back pain, Spine surgeries, Joint replacements (Knee and Hip), Meniscal / ligament injuries and repair, Ankle sprains, Heel spur, Plantar fascitis, TA/ Calf tendon tears, OA, RA, fractures, Work related disorders, etc. The physiotherapist evaluates and provides appropriate treatment which includes:
- Therapeutic exercises to maintain and improve joint flexibility, muscular strength, endurance, balance and coordination, postural awareness / correction and gait training.
- Manual Therapy (Maitland, Mulligan techniques), stretching, muscle energy technique (MET) etc.
- Kinetic control for Neck, shoulder, Low back, Hips and lower limb, pelvis and SIJ.
- Muscle activation
- Taping – Kinesiotaping, McConnell taping
- Hand and shoulder Rehabilitation
- Electrotherapy to promote healing process and pain relief
Cardiac Rehabilitation is enhancement and maintenance of cardiovascular health through individualized programs designed to optimize physical, psychological, Social, Vocational & emotional status. This process includes the facilitation & delivery of secondary prevention through heart hazard identification & modification in an effort to prevent disease progression & recurrence to cardiac events. It is useful for patients post bypass surgery, angioplasty, heart attack / myocardial infarctions, heart valve replacement surgery and peripheral vascular disease. The rehab program is usefully started after discussing with the Cardiac team. It includes:
- Phase 1: In-patient Rehabilitation. This starts immediately in the post operative period when patient is admitted in hospital.
- Phase 2: Outpatient Rehabilitation. This starts post suture removal and after discharge from hospital.
- Phase 3: Outpatient Rehabilitation. It is custom made for the patient to attain previous level of fitness.